Power of the Written Word

So arriving last night at my Sociology class, I take my seat and start pulling out the things I'll need: pen, binder, book, what-have-you.
My professor came up to my seat having noticed that I took a lot of notes last week, but not how.

HIM
May I see your notes?

ME
My class notes?

HIM
Yes, your notes from the lecture.

ME
(pointing to a page) They're backwards.

HIM
(not realizing what I've said) That's okay.

He took my stack of notes and turned from me.
He looked at the page on top.
He flipped the stack and looked at the bottom page.
He turned back to me, trying to not look confused/astonished/what-have-you.

HIM
Could you tell me what the last thing I said in the lecture was?

ME
(looking through my notes) You were talking about latent functions and giving us the example of criminals going into prison and becoming better criminals.

HIM
Thank you.

ME
You're welcome.

MOM
(when I got home, vocalizing his possible thinking) Oh, the actual writing is backwards.