Picky Eaters Anonymous


My name's Rose and I'm a recovering picky eater.

When I was a kid there was this stuff my mom made called Hunter's Stew, bigos in Polish.
Even in my picky eating days, I loved this stew.
Last night was the first time in seven years I'd eaten it.

Before that was my seven year itch known as vegetarianism. I know, I know.
Apparently not eating meat made me less picky.
Now I'm less picky AND eating meat. Life's pretty good.

Anyway, last night's dinner was Hunter's Stew.
Here's the run down:
  • some sort of meat-related broth, probably chicken;
  • carrots;
  • onion;
  • potatoes;
  • smoked sausage;
  • Polish sausage;
  • ham steak; 
  • steak steak; and,
  • probably some other stuff. Don't know. Don't care.
Won't care until I'm on my own and having to make it myself.
This is growing up, people. Make a note.